Texas State Laws and Rules
The Texas Education Code (TEC) contains the state laws related to education and TEC §30.083 requires the development of a “comprehensive statewide plan for educational services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.” The Texas Administrative Code (TAC) contains the state rules that Texas has adopted in response to federal and state laws and regulations that have been passed. Of particular interest for deaf or hard of hearing students is TAC Chapter 89. Adaptations for Special Populations Subchapter D (Special Education Services and Settings) and Subchapter AA (Commissioner's Rules Concerning Special Education Services). A few of the newly revised rules are related to qualification requirements for deaf education teachers, speech therapists, interpreters and other special education personnel.
- Texas Education Code
- Texas Education Code for Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Texas State Plan for Deaf Education
- Texas Administrative Code Chapter 89 - Adaptions for Special Populations
- Qualifications for deaf ed teachers, speech therapists, interpreters, etc,,
- Special Education and Graduation: A Guide to Options - from Region 13 Education Service Center