Deaf Culture and Mental Health of Deaf People
Thomas K. Holcomb, Ph.D.
Thomas K. Holcomb is Professor of Deaf Studies at Ohlone College in Fremont, California where he teaches courses related to Deaf Culture to both deaf and hearing students. Previously, he taught at San Jose State University and National Technical Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology. Find out more about Dr. Holcomb.
Recommended Reading for Session:
- Fast Facts: Mental Health Services for Individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- NAD: Culturally affirmative and linguistically accessible services
- NAD: Position statement on Mental Health services for Deaf children
- Misdiagnosis of Deaf Individuals: Toward a Culturally Sensitive Approach
- Dr. Holcomb’s Book: Holcomb, T. (2013). Introduction to American Deaf Culture. New York: Oxford University Press
Discussion from Session: