Accessibility Statement for TxSSN Website
Texas Sensory Support Network (TxSSN) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all people.
We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The TxSSN website accessibility statement includes the partnering site of TxBVI.
Measures to support accessibility
Texas Sensory Support Network takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of TxSSN Website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. TxSSN is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions to improve the accessibility and useability of the TxSSN website.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on TxSSN:
- Phone: 8177403600
- E-mail: email@example.com
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
TxSSN is designed to be best compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Firefox® and Jaws on a Windows®
- Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the TxSSN Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for TxSSN Website:
- Search: The google search box does not consitantly recieve focus
- Embedded PDF's: Embedded PDF's may be opened utilizing the additional link provided
- Calendar: The print control on the calendar page opens a new page and the print button is not accessible using the keyboard. The standard keyboard shortcut to prrint does work, ctl+P or cmd+P
Texas Sensory Support Network continually assesses the accessibility of TxSSN website by the following approaches:
- Blackboard Ally for Web Community Manager
This statement was created on 8/13/2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.