Crossroads has a New Look!
In collaboration with ESC 11, the Educational Resource Center on Deafness at Texas School for the Deaf has switched to Blackboard as a partner website under the Texas Sensory Support Network. We remain committed to providing statewide services to improve educational outcomes for students who are deaf or hard of hearing in Texas, and we can still be reached at TexasDeafEd.org.
State Representative Drew Darby was honored by the Texas Association of the Deaf in appreciation of his legislative assistance.
- Born deafblind due to CHARGE syndrome, was a mainstreamed student of Plano RDSPD and graduated as AP Scholar.
- Attends the University of Texas at Austin, dual majoring in Psychology and Human Dimensions of Organization.
- Served as Disability and Inclusion Agency Director (2018) and Academic Policy Director (2019) in the UT Student Government.
- Passionate about leadership, accessibility, and advocacy, is the president of National Disability Rights Organization, Deafblind Citizens in Action and a member of the FCC Disability Advisory Commitee.
Brent Shiver, Ph.D.
- Deaf since age two after contracting spinal meningitis.
- Inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame, Georgia Chapter, in 2007 recognizing his accomplishments, including a stint at Northwestern University (1992-1996) and two Deaflympic gold medals (1997, 2001).
- Works as a software engineer on the Accessibility Technology & Innovation team at IBM Design Program Office in Austin, Texas.
- Enjoys volunteering at Texas School for the Deaf, including helping out with activities that promotes STEM principles, wrestling team and serving on the TSD Foundation Board.
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM DHHS: Communication Strategies for People with Hearing Loss
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Texas Hands & Voices / GBYS: El Paso Bowling Social
December 4, 2019
December 5, 2019
December 8, 2019
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Texas Hands & Voices / GBYS: Sign with Santa - Colleyville
December 12, 2019
December 15, 2019
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Texas Hands & Voices / GBYS: Signing Santa Luncheon at McKinney
December 17, 2019
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Texas Hands & Voices / GBYS: Coffee Chat at McAllen